Bring your family together for a delicious, healthy dinner with this Florida Orange Juice twist on a classic recipe. It’s an easy-to-make meal you kids will love. Discover the nutritional benefits of Florida Orange Juice.
Helpful tip: For picky eaters, try replacing sweet potatoes with other vegetables.
What you’ll need:
- 9 oz. lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 large minced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, small, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 cup organic tomato juice
- 1 large sweet potato, baked and diced
- 4 whole wheat dinner rolls
- In a medium sauté pan, sauté ground turkey over medium until cooked thoroughly. Remove turkey; reserve.
- Sauté onion until translucent. Add the red pepper, ground cumin and coriander; sauté for one minute, then add the Florida Orange Juice. Cook until orange juice is reduced by two-thirds; add the tomato juice and reserved cooked turkey.
- Cook until tomato juice has reduced by two-thirds, add the diced baked sweet potato and stir until combined.
- Split dinner rolls in half; spoon turkey mixture in center. Serve immediately.