February 21, 2017 by seo
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs
- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 Florida orange, peeled and diced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Butter noodles
- Parmesan cheese
Need an easy, kid-friendly dinner idea? This flavorful recipe using Florida Orange Juice can be the centerpiece for any meal – just a glass of Florida OJ and a healthy diet.
- In large bowl, combine turkey, oats, Florida Orange, egg, Italian seasoning, 11⁄2 teaspoons salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper; mix well.
- Roll mixture into walnut-sized balls, making approximately 28 meatballs. Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Whisk together Florida Orange Juice, vinegar, tomato paste, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with meatballs, drizzle with Florida Orange Juice sauce, then remaining meatballs followed by the remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours, gently stirring an hour after cooking.
- When done, serve meatballs on toothpicks garnished with fresh herbs, if desired. Keep warm until serving.
- Add it to pasta, make it into a sandwich or serve as an appetizer.