8-ounces of calcium-fortified 100% grapefruit juice contains 30% of the daily value for calcium,* similar to a equal serving of milk.1
- Calcium-fortified grapefruit juice is an excellent non-dairy and lactose-free source of calcium.
- Calcium aids in bone and tooth development, blood pressure regulation, nerve function, and muscle function.2,3
- Most people do not get enough calcium, and this nutrient is considered a nutrient of public health concern.4
- USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 28 (slightly revised). US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Nutrient Data Laboratory; May 2016. https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb
- Office of Dietary Supplements, National Institutes of Health. (2011). Dietary supplement fact sheet: Calcium. Retrieved April 21, 2012, from http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Calcium -HealthProfessional/
- Institute of Medicine, Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D. Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 2010.
- USDA/DHHS. 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. http://health.gov/dietaryguidelines/2015/guidelines/