- ¼ cup 100% Florida Grapefruit Juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen whole cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 fresh Florida Grapefruit, peeled, segmented and diced
1. Dissolve cornstarch in ½ cup water; pour into a non-reactive saucepan and add 1 ½ cups water, stirring to combine. Add cranberries, sugar, grapefruit juice, grapefruit zest and vanilla; stir to combine. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is very thick and liquid is clear. Remove from heat and stir in grapefruit segments.
Yield: 3 cups, approximately 12 (1/4-cup) servings
Serving Suggestion: Use Cranberry Grapefruit Compote to top waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, toast and scones.