- Two Florida Grapefruits
- One clove of garlic, minced
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- One Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pinch of fresh ground pepper
- 1 French baguette, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mince one clove of garlic and add to a large mixing bowl.
3. Roll basil leaves together and cut into thin strips to achieve a chiffonade cut, then add to mixing bowl.
4. Zest Florida Grapefruit until you have about half a teaspoon of zest and add to mixing bowl.
5. After zesting, remove the peels and piths of the Florida Grapefruits and segment the flesh, separating it from the membrane.
6. Roughly chop the Florida Grapefruit segments, draining off excess juice before adding to the mixing bowl.
7. Add chopped tomato, white balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to mixing bowl.
8. Mix well.
9. Slice French baguette into discs, placing them on a baking sheet before brushing with olive oil.
10. Toast baguette slices in oven for about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Spoon Florida Grapefruit bruschetta mixture over crostini and place on a serving dish.
12. Serve immediately.