Short ribs make any meal an Occasion with a capital “O” – they’re the birthday cake of meat. Tender meat that melts off the bone marinated with our Florida Grapefruit rub pairs perfectly with a green salad, or an extra serving of ribs.
- ½ zest of 1 Florida Grapefruit
- ½ the juice of 1 Florida Grapefruit
- 2 lb. braising beef short ribs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. ground coriander seed
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup water
1. Pre-heat oven to 325°F. In a medium sized mixing bowl stir together brown sugar, paprika, ginger, cayenne pepper, coriander, garlic, black pepper, salt and zest.
2. Generously coat ribs in sugar rub and transfer to a 9 x 13 roasting pan. Pour remaining sugar over top of ribs and pat down creating a thick layer. Stir water and grapefruit juice together and pour into the bottom of the roasting pan.
3. Cover pan with foil and cook for 1½ hrs. Remove foil and continue to roast for another hour. Remove from liquid and serve.