Halloumi is a semi-hard cheese with a high melting point, which means it’s perfect for grilling and pan searing. Top a thick slice of fresh Florida Grapefruit with a slice of Halloumi heated to golden perfection, add a drizzle of zesty dressing and then garnish pomegranate seeds.
- 2 Florida Grapefruits
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped plus, leaves for garnish
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Florida Grapefruit juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 8 slices halloumi cheese, ¼-inch thick
- 1 tbsp. shallots minced
1. In a small bowl whisk together 2 tbsp. olive oil, vinegar, shallots, mint, cilantro, Florida Grapefruit juice and honey and season with salt and pepper. Peel and slice Florida Grapefruits horizontally into 4 ½- inch thick rounds. Transfer slices to a serving platter.
2. Brush each side of halloumi cheese with reserved olive oil. Sear in a no-stick pan over low heat for 3 – 5 minutes until each side is golden brown. Place one cheese slice on top each grapefruit slice. Spoon dressing over cheese and garnish with extra mint leaves and pomegranate seeds.