- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 2 Florida Grapefruit, peeled, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup champagne vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. pickling spice
- 1 red onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1 bunch frisée, cleaned
- 12 oz. smoked salmon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
1. Combine Florida Orange Juice, water, vinegar, sugar and pickling spice in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Turn off heat and add onion rings; remove from stove and cool to room temperature. Remove onion rings; reserve pickling liquid. Place bed of frisée on serving plates; top with one grapefruit slice. Place layer of onion rings on top of grapefruit slice, then layer of salmon.
2. Repeat layers with Florida Grapefruit slices, onion rings and salmon. Garnish with frisée, if desired. Remove 1/3 cup reserved pickling liquid; whisk in olive oil. Drizzle mixture over grapefruit towers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.