- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 8 each Florida Oranges, sliced in half
- 3 teaspoons Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 stick Butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 4 each Mahi-mahi, cut into 6-oz. pieces
- 1 cup Florida Oranges, segmented
- 1/2 cup Florida Grapefruits, segmented
- 1/2 cup Red cabbage, thinly shaved
- 1/2 cup Napa cabbage, thinly shaved
- 1/2 cup Orange bell pepper, thin strips
1. Using a grill pan over high heat, char the oranges that have been cut in half. Once charred, remove and set aside.
In a 1-quart saucepan, reduce the orange juice to 1/4 cup. Allow to cool.
2. In a separate 1-quart saucepan, add 1 teaspoons olive oil and minced shallots. Cook until translucent, approximately 1–2 minutes. Add the white wine and reduce until almost dry. Add the heavy cream and reduce by half. Squeeze 4 of the charred oranges into the heavy cream and reduce for another 2 minutes. Whisk in the butter and set aside over a warm water bath.
3. In a stainless steel bowl, combine the cooled reduced orange juice with the slaw ingredients. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, mix and keep cool.
In a sauté pan over medium high heat, add 2 teaspoons olive oil; allow the oil to come up to its smoke point. Season the mahi-mahi with salt and pepper; sear flesh-side-down for 1 minute. Turn the fish, reduce the heat and cook until the fish is fully cooked, 4–5 minutes. Place the fish on the plate. Equally portion the citrus slaw over the top. Spoon 2 tablespoons beurre blanc around fish and garnish with a charred orange.