- 3 Florida Grapefruits
- 1/2 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 (6-ounce) cod fillets
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup white miso (fermented soybean paste)
- 2 (10-ounce) packages spinach leaves, stemmed
1. Whisk miso, sake and 2 tablespoons sugar in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Add cod fillets; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
2. Using small sharp knife, cut all peel and white pith from grapefruits. Cut between membranes to release segments. Chill grapefruit segments.
3. Using broiler, transfer cod fillets to baking sheet. Sprinkle with pepper. Broil cod 6 inches from heat source until tops brown and cod is opaque in center, about 5 minutes per side.
4. Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, oil and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in medium saucepan to blend. Bring dressing to simmer. Place spinach in large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Mound spinach on plates. Top each with cod fillet. Arrange grapefruit around spinach.