- 1 to 1½ cups 100% Florida Grapefruit Juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup pinenuts
- 2 cups green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 to 1½ cups chicken stock, divided
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium Florida Grapefruit, segmented, chopped
1. In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add quinoa. Cook stirring until quinoa begins to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes.
2. Add almonds and pinenuts; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until nuts are toasted. Add 1 ½ cups green onions, 1 cup grapefruit juice, 1 cup chicken stock, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and add additional grapefruit juice and chicken stock, if needed.
3. Remove from heat; stir in grapefruit and remaining ½ cup green onions; cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.