- 2 Florida Grapefruits, segmented
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, 5 to 6 ounces each
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. minced shallot
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2 ½ tsp. Honey
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. thinly sliced basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place salmon in a baking dish and season with ¼ tsp. salt.
3. Roast salmon in oven until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
4. While salmon is cooking, prepare sauce.
5. Segment one Florida Grapefruit and set segments aside.
6. Juice one Florida Grapefruit and set juice aside.
7. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes.
8. Within the skillet, add ginger, Florida Grapefruit Juice, honey, cayenne pepper and bring to a simmer.
9. Cook until sauce is reduced by about half, approximately 10 minutes.
10. Add lemon juice and season with salt, to taste.
11. Immediately prior to serving, add the Florida Grapefruit segments and basil leaves into the sauce.
12. Place cooked salmon onto a serving dish and spoon sauce over salmon before serving.