- 1/2 cup Florida Grapefruit Juice
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Briefly mix the grapefruit juice, red wine vinegar, salt, and optional mustard with an immersion blender, food processor or blender, or with a fork or wire whisk. Slowly add the oil in stream (drop by drop if whisking) until an emulsion forms; or just whisk everything together briefly. Add the remaining oil faster, but still in a stream.
2. Taste to adjust salt and add more oil or vinegar if needed. Add the minced garlic and the pepper. This is best made fresh but will keep refrigerated for a few days. Return to room temperature before using.