- 8 ounces cleaned squid, including tentacles
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 Bird’s Eye chilies, seeded and sliced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup long-leaf cilantro
- 1/4 cup white grapefruit segments
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
1. Make a dressing by mashing the chilies and garlic into a paste. Add the lime juice and fish sauce. Set aside.
2. Place water and salt in a pot and bring up to a boil. Cut squid into 1-inch pieces and add to the water until just cooked. Do not bring back up to a boil. Add the squid to the remaining ingredients and the dressing. Toss gently and eat.