- 1½ cups Florida Orange Juice
- ½ cup rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds turkey breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 sugar cane skewers
Florida Citrus Sweet-and-Sour Sauce:
- ½ cup Florida Orange Juice, divided
- ½ cup Florida Grapefruit Juice
- ½ cup Florida Tangerine Juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|45 minutes||1 hour15 minutes||2 hours|
1. Place Florida orange juice and rum in saucepan; cook over medium heat until volume is reduced by two-thirds. Add lime juice, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper.
2. Skewer turkey cubes onto sugar cane skewers. Place in flat nonmetallic dish; pour orange juice mixture over skewers; cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
3. Prepare Florida Citrus Sweet-and-Sour Sauce: Combine cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of Florida orange juice; reserve. Combine remaining Florida orange, grapefruit and tangerine juices with rice wine vinegar and sugar in small saucepan. Bring to boil; whisk in cornstarch mixture. Simmer until thickened; remove from heat. Cool to room temperature; reserve.
4. Remove turkey skewers from marinade; discard marinade. Grill turkey sugar cane skewers over medium-high heat until cooked through. Serve with Florida Citrus Sweet-and-Sour Sauce on the side.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Tango Mango