- 2 Florida Grapefruit
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 key limes
- 4 (5-ounce) portions of fresh salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons natural cane sugar
- 1-1/2 cup French green beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice non-stick spray
1. Peel and segment grapefruit. Reserve 8 slices and roughly chop the remaining fruit. Finely slice the cilantro. Zest and juice the limes. Set aside.
2. Place salmon fillets skin side down onto a baking sheet coated with non-stick spray or lined with non-stick aluminum foil and place under a hot broiler. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove and lay two slices of grapefruit on top of each of the fillets. Evenly sprinkle the cane sugar over the grapefruit on top of the salmon portions and place back under the broiler to caramelize the cane sugar. Watch closely as this happens quickly.
3. In a large bowl, toss the green beans with olive oil, zest and juice of the key limes, chopped grapefruit, sliced cilantro, cranberries and prepared brown rice. Evenly portion and arrange mixture in the center of four dinner plates. Place salmon fillets on top of green bean salad mixture and serve.