This chowder combines flavors of the sun and the sea. The bright flavor of our Florida Grapefruit pair perfectly with the nautical flavors of cod and Littleneck clams to make a seafood chowder that’s as fresh as a gentle sea breeze. Top your bowl with a little grapefruit zest for a little extra tang.
- 1 cup Florida Grapefruit juice
- 2 lb. Littleneck clams, cleaned
- 1 lb. Cod
- ½ lb. of squid
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 stalks finely diced
- ½ bulb garlic minced
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. Florida Grapefruit zest
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, heat white wine on medium heat until boiling; add clams and cook for 10 minutes until they have all opened. Remove and discard any unopened clams. When cool, remove meat from the shells and put aside, along with liquid.
2. In a large pot, heat oil over medium low heat and sauté onions until soft; add garlic, carrots, celery and cook until soft or for another 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, Florida Grapefruit juice, and reserved clam broth, cook for another 15 minutes on medium low heat.
3. To the pot add clams, squid, cod, salt and Florida Grapefruit zest, cook until the cod starts to flake.
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat7.6g 10%
Total Carbohydrate30.3g 11%
Dietary Fiber4.6g 16%
Vitamin C107.5mg 119%