- 1/2 Florida Grapefruit, segmented
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2.5 ounces lean steak*
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Grill or broil steak until internal temperature reaches 145° F. Meal while, place sweet potato cubes on a baking sheet and mist with cooking spray. Roast in the oven at 400° F for about 25 minutes, flipping once during cooking time, until lightly browned.
2. Whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with salad greens, grapefruit, carrots, cilantro and green onions. Place steak on top of salad and sprinkle with peanuts and sweet potato croutons. Add red pepper flakes.
Note: If desired, unroasted sweet potato cubes can be tossed with salad ingredients in place of roasted crouton topping.
*Vegetarian/Vegan: Swap steak for 1/2 cup frozen edamame, thawed.