As Inspector General for the Florida Department of Citrus, Garrett Pearn is responsible for all audits, investigations and management reviews relating to programs and operations. The position reports directly to the Chairman of the Florida Citrus Commission and the Executive Director of the Department of Citrus.
Prior to joining the Department of Citrus, Pearn worked with Publix Super Markets, Inc. as a Senior Internal Auditor as well as Raymond James Financial, Inc. as a Senior Advisor in Internal Audit.
He holds a Master of Business Administration from Warner University and has been a Certified Internal Auditor since 2020.
Under the authority of the Florida Citrus Commission, and in accordance with Section 20.055 Florida Statutes, the responsibilities of the Inspector General’s office are to:
- Direct and coordinate audits, investigations and management reviews, both internal and external
- Promote economy and efficiency
- Prevent and/or detect fraud, waste, and abuse
- Advise in the development of performance measures and assess the reliability and validity of information provided by Department on performance measures and standards
- Develop an annual audit plan based on a risk assessment conducted with management and Citrus Commission input
Department: Inspector General