November 17, 2016 by Newsroom Editor
McKenna Family – Dehydrated Citrus Décor
During holiday season, moms are looking for unique ways to decorate their homes. In a home full of Florida Growers, we like to add a little citrus to the holidays with our own ornaments and memories made from dehydrated citrus. One of our favorites is crafting ornaments and decorations with our families. We think you’ll really enjoy this special addition to your home.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 Florida Grapefruits, sliced into ¼” thick slices.
- 3 Florida Oranges, sliced into ¼” thick slices.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees F.
- In batches (each type of citrus at a time), arrange citrus slices onto cooling racks and place each cooling rack onto a baking sheet.
- Place the cooling rack and baking sheet combo into oven and bake.
- Florida Grapefruit: 8-9 hours, flip the Citrus fruit every 3 hours
- Florida Orange: 6-7 hours, rotating baking sheets every 2 hours. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Citrus slices should be completely dry and slightly pliable to the touch.
- Place wire or string through dried Citrus Slices and hang as homemade ornament.
- These dehydrated ornaments also make great air fresheners