September 28, 2016 by Newsroom Editor
Captain Citrus States of Matter
Looking for an educational activity to entering your kids this summer? Try our Captain Citrus States of Matter activity. Our science experiment will educate your kids on the different states of matter (gas, liquid and solid) in a fun and entertaining way.
What You Need:
- Carafe of Florida Orange Juice
- Small dish of Baking soda
- 1 clear plastic cup
- 1 metal spoon
- Pour 2/3 of a cup of Florida Orange Juice into a clear plastic cup.
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Watch the liquid and notice the acid in the Florida Orange Juice (a liquid) react with the baking soda (a solid) to create bubbles on top of the clear plastic cup (a gas).
- Explain to your kids that the bubbles are carbonation, carbon dioxide, and is similar to the carbonation found in sodas.