After a long day at the Himrod Family Nursery, I like to relax and enjoy one of my favorite grilling recipes made with a delicious Florida Orange Juice kick. I enjoy adding the flavor and nutritional benefits of Florida Citrus to our family kabob recipe, and hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Want to learn more about our Florida Citrus Growers? Meet Aaron Himrod, a third generation grower.
1 cup Florida Orange Juice
1 large Florida Orange*
1 lime, juiced
2 lbs. chicken tenders
½ tsp. ground thyme
¼ tsp. granulated garlic
1 tsp. salt
White pepper to taste
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add 1 cup of Florida Orange Juice, the juice of one lime, garlic, ground thyme, salt, pepper, oil and soda.
2. Add chicken and completely coat with marinade. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
3. If you are using wood skewers, soak skewers for 20-30 minutes. Make sure the entire stick is completely covered in water. Once the skewers have soaked, remove and start to assemble the skewers.
1. Remove the chicken from the fridge and lace through each skewer using a weave motion. Repeat for all chicken tenders and set aside.
2. When the skewers are prepared, drizzle extra marinade over the chicken.
3. Heat grill and place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover and cook 3 minutes per side, or until center of meat reaches a temperature of 170° F.
4. Remove from grill and serve immediately, or cover with foil and serve later.
Cover the kabobs with foil for at least 20 minutes after cooking to trap in the flavor and juices of the chicken.
Add other vegetables to your kabob to increase the flavor.