Orange Herb Chickpea Veggie Burger for a new way to add veggies into your meals. Packed with protein, potassium and vitamin B-6, the combination of Florida OJ and chickpeas helps provide your body with energy to fuel your brain, digestion, and support heart health.
½ cup Florida Orange Juice
1 cup cooked chick peas
1 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
1 cup parsley, chopped
1 cup cilantro, chopped
¼ cup chives, chopped
1 yellow onion, finely diced
4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
1. Place chick peas in food processor; cover and pulse 2 to 3 times.
2. Transfer to mixing bowl; add ½ cup breadcrumbs, parsley, cilantro, chives, onion, Florida Orange Juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil and eggs. Mix well; season with salt and pepper.
3. Form mixture into golf ball-sized balls. If too wet, add more breadcrumbs. If too dry, add more Florida Orange Juice.
4. Flatten balls slightly to form patties.
5. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Cook each burger for 6 to 8 minutes per side. Adjust heat if necessary so burgers do not burn.