Home / Recipes / Slow Cooked Florida OJ Asian Pulled Pork
Slow Cooked Florida OJ Asian Pulled Pork
Cooking Time: 6 hours
Looking for something you and your kids will love? Try these delicious Slow Cooked Florida OJ Asian Pulled Pork sandwiches. You will appreciate the simple preparation and kids will love the taste that Florida Orange Juice provides.
2 cups Florida Orange Juice
1 cup ketchup
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup soy sauce
1 yellow onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, smashed
1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 tbsp. hot pepper paste, optional
1 (3 lb.) boneless pork shoulder
1. Place pork shoulder in a slow cooker.
2. Place Florida Orange Juice, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder and hot pepper paste in the slow cooker.
3. Ladle some of the liquid over the pork shoulder.
4. Cook the pork on the highest setting for 6 hours, or until very tender.
5. Every two hours, remove the lid of slow cooker and ladle liquid mixture over the pork, then replace lid tightly.
6. Remove pork from liquid and allow to cool.
7. Strain liquid and discard solids. Cook liquid in a saucepan over medium heat until thickened.
8. Shred pork in a dish and combine with thickened sauce to coat.