Our family loves to start off meals with a fun appetizer. Our Baked Mozzarella Bites are an easy-to-make appetizer that is a family favorite everyone enjoys. Bake in advance and reheat throughout the week for a quick and easy snack. Make sure to include Florida Orange Juice to make it a complete healthy snack.
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 (1 oz.) sticks of mozzarella string cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. In a medium skillet, add breadcrumbs and cook for 2 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Remove breadcrumbs from heat and set aside.
4. Cut mozzarella sticks into 1-inch pieces.
5. Beat 2 eggs in a bowl.
6. Dip each piece of cheese in beaten egg, then roll in breadcrumbs until fully covered.
7. Place cheese on baking sheet and bake for 3 minutes or until the cheese is softened.
8. Pour the marinara sauce into a microwave-safe bowl and warm for 1 minute. Serve cooked mozzarella bites with marinara sauce and enjoy.