- 16 oz. Florida Orange Juice
- ¼ cup white vinegar, rice vinegar or red wine vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp. olive oil or canola oil, divided
- 1 chipotle pepper, finely chopped
- 4 lbs. boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 4 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine Florida Orange Juice, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaf, ¼ cup olive oil and chipotle pepper.
2. Reserve 1 cup of marinade and place in a container in the refrigerator.
3. Add chicken strips to the rest of the marinade; cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
4. Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil and onions to the skillet and cook until onions are a deep golden brown.
6. Remove chicken from marinade, discard the marinade and add chicken to skillet. Season with salt and pepper and brown chicken on all sides.
7. Add reserved 1 cup marinade and deglaze the pan. Add red bell peppers; stir until combined. Serve immediately.