- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat36.8g 47%
- Saturated Fat11.3g 57%
- Trans Fat0.9g
- Cholesterol257.1mg 86%
- Sodium1254.4mg 55%
- Total Carbohydrate81.4g 30%
- Dietary Fiber4.6g 16%
- Total Sugars14.3g 29%
- Protein50.1g 100%
- Vitamin A1752.0mcg 195%
- Vitamin C47.4mg 53%
- Calcium179mg 14%
- Iron9.7mg 54%
- Thiamin1.04mg 87%
- Folate171.5mcg 43%
- Potassium1022.5mg 22%
- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 cup Florida Tangerine Juice
- 2 cups Irish stout beer
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup carrot, diced in 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup onion, diced in 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup celery, diced in 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 lbs. bone-in beef short ribs
- Salt to taste
For Breading & Cooking:
- 2 cups flour
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 quarts olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Florida Citrus Aioli:
- ½ cup Florida Orange Juice
- ½ cup Florida Tangerine Juice
- 1 tsp. Florida Orange zest, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
1. Combine Florida Orange Juice, Florida Tangerine Juice, beer, balsamic vinegar, carrots, onions, celery, thyme, allspice, nutmeg, pepper and bay leaf.
2. Pour spice mixture over short ribs in ovenproof casserole dish.
3. Cover dish and bake at 275° F for 2 ½ to 3 hours, until meat is fork tender.
4. Remove short ribs from braising liquid, set aside and cool.
5. Strain braising liquid into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer until volume is reduced by two-thirds. Reserve liquid.
6. Remove short rib meat from bones and pull apart into small pieces. Discard bones and fat. Add reduced braising liquid to pulled meat and combine.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until firm.
8. While meat mixture is cooling, prepare Florida Citrus Aioli: Place Florida Orange Juice and Florida Tangerine Juice in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer until volume is reduced by two-thirds.
9. Refrigerate reduced juice mixture until cold. Add mayonnaise, chives and Florida Orange zest to chilled juice mixture and stir to combine.
10. Portion chilled short rib meat into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Roll between two hands to form round balls. Place short rib balls in freezer and freeze until firm.
11. Roll balls in flour, dip in egg and then roll in breadcrumbs. Heat olive oil in 6-quart stockpot over medium-low heat to 350° F.
12. Fry croquettes in batches until golden brown. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and place onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
13. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve croquettes with Florida Citrus Aioli.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Sunny Lager.