- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat15g 19%
- Cholesterol74mg 25%
- Total Carbohydrate15g 5%
- Protein30g 60%
- ¾ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 2 tsp. Florida Orange Peel, grated
- 4 (5-oz.) fresh salmon fillets*
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup dry white wine (or ¼ cup each lemon juice & water)
- 3 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. lime peel, grated
- 5 oz. mixed dark leafy salad greens (about 4 cups loosely packed)
- Fresh dill sprigs or Italian parsley
*If salmon fillets have skin on them, purchase 4 (6-ounce) fillets and remove skin.
1. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Portion red onion onto salmon fillets and press on evenly with back of spoon.
2. Pour wine into 10-inch skillet and heat until bubbling at the edges. Set salmon in wine, return liquid to a gentle boil and cover.
3. Let cook gently without turning for 6 or 7 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and topping is rosy. Chill fish and liquid.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet, add yellow onions and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until golden.
5. Remove from heat and mix in orange and lime peels and Florida Orange Juice. Cover and chill.
6. To serve, portion lettuce onto 4 plates. Top with salmon fillets. Lift onions from liquid with slotted spoon or fork and top salmon. Spoon juice from onions over salmon and lettuce. If desired, garnish with dill or parsley.