- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 Florida Orange, peeled and diced
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 ½ tsp. coarse salt, divided
- 1 ½ tsp. pepper, divided
- 6 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- Fresh herbs for garnish
1. In a large bowl, combine Florida Orange, turkey, oats, egg, Italian seasoning, 1 ½ teaspoons of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Mix well.
2. Roll mixture into walnut-sized balls, making approximately 28 meatballs. Place meatballs onto a prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
3. Whisk together Florida Orange Juice, vinegar, tomato paste, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
4. Line the bottom of your slow cooker with a layer of meatballs and drizzle with Florida Orange Juice sauce. Add remaining meatballs followed by the remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours, gently stirring after one hour of cooking.
5. Serve cooked meatballs on toothpicks and garnish with fresh herbs, if desired. Keep warm until serving.