- 6 all-natural beef hot dogs
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 quart canola oil
- 6 hot dog buns
- ¼ cup bonito flakes
For Spicy Scallion Salad:
- ⅓ cup Florida Orange Segments
- 1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. spicy bean paste (or Sriracha)
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- ½ tsp. sesame seeds
For Florida Citrus Katsu Sauce:
- 2 tbsp. Florida Orange Juice
- ½ cup Katsu sauce (or teriyaki glaze)
- 2 tsp. lime juice
For Shishito Mayo:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup shishito peppers, halved, deseeded
1. Wrap each hot dog with 2 slices of bacon. Secure bacon with toothpicks and set aside.
To Prepare Spicy Scallion Salad:
1. Place all ingredients for salad in a mixing bowl, stir to combine and set aside.
To Prepare Florida Citrus Katsu Sauce:
1. Place all ingredients for sauce in a small bowl, stir to combine and set aside.
To Prepare Shishito Mayo:
1. Place mayonnaise and shishito peppers in a food processor, cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
To Prepare Hot Dogs:
1. Heat canola oil to 375° F in a deep frying pan.
2. Gently place hot dogs in oil and fry until bacon is crisp and hot dogs begin to blister and pop open.
3. Preheat oven to 350° F. Toast hot dog buns lightly while hot dogs are cooking.
4. To assemble, remove toothpicks from hot dogs. Place hot dogs in toasted buns and top with Florida Citrus Katsu Sauce, Shishito Mayo and Spicy Scallion Salad.
5. Sprinkle with bonito flakes and serve immediately.