- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- ¼ cup carrot juice
- ¼ cup fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup sambal
- ¼ cup green onion, minced
- 4-8 baby bok choy (depending on size)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups mirin
- 4 arctic char, portioned into 6 oz. pieces
1. In a 2 quart saucepan, add the Florida Orange Juice, carrot juice and 2 tablespoons minced ginger. Reduce the amount of liquid to one-third.
2. Remove from heat, add the sambal and set aside to cool. When cool, mix in the green onion.
3. Slice the bok choy in half lengthwise.
4. In a large rondeau over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and place bok choy sliced side down in the oil.
5. Sauté until light golden brown. Add 2 tablespoons minced ginger and the mirin. Place a cover over the pan, reduce heat to medium and braise until fork tender, approximately 3-4 minutes.
6. Remove the bok choy from the pan. Reduce the ginger and mirin until almost dry. Add the sambal mixture, turn off the heat and stir until the sauce is warm.
7. Season Arctic char with salt and pepper. Sauté in a pan and finish in the oven to your desired temperature.
8. Serve with baby bok choy and orange sambal glaze.