- 1 ½ cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- ¾ cup soft bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp. five-spice powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 4 tsp. cornstarch
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 medium red and/or green sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. In a large bowl, combine egg white, bread crumbs, five-spice powder and ½ teaspoon salt. Add beef and mix well.
2. Shape into 48 1-inch meatballs and place in a 15 x 10 baking pan. Bake at 350° F for 15 to 20 minutes or until no pink remains in center of meatballs. Drain.
3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan stir together Florida Orange Juice, honey, cornstarch, soy sauce and ginger. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, then cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
4. Add sweet pepper and meatballs in a saucepan and cook until heated through. Keep warm in a fondue pot or chafing dish. Serve with toothpicks.