- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat10.9g 14%
- Saturated Fat3.1g 16%
- Cholesterol50mg 17%
- Sodium1689mg 73%
- Total Carbohydrate44.9g 16%
- Dietary Fiber2.3g 8%
- Total Sugars17.5g
- Protein22.6g 45%
- Vitamin A246mcg 27%
- Vitamin C29.5mg 33%
- Calcium96mg 7%
- Iron2.9mg 16%
- Thiamin.7mg 58%
- Folate77mcg 19%
- Potassium572mg 12%
- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 cup Florida Grapefruit Juice
- 2 tbsp. Florida Orange zest
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup triple sec (or other orange liqueur)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 stalks fresh oregano, coarsely chopped
- 4 lbs. boneless pork shoulder
For Sour Orange Sauce:
- ¾ cup Florida Orange Juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup Florida Orange segments, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Florida Orange peel, if desired
- 18 (4-inch) flour tortillas
- Cilantro sprigs, if desired
1. Combine all ingredients for the pork except for the pork shoulder in a large mixing bowl. Remove ⅓ cup Florida Orange Juice mixture for sauce. Refrigerate in a covered container and reserve.
2. Place pork shoulder in a mixing bowl with Florida Orange Juice mixture, pushing down into liquid to submerge. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 days.
3. Preheat oven to 400° F. Remove pork shoulder from marinade and discard marinade.
4. Place pork in a roasting pan and cover with aluminum foil. Cook in the oven for 45 minutes, uncover and cook 10 more minutes until internal temperature reaches 145° F. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
5. Combine reserved refrigerated marinade mixture with ingredients for Sour Orange Sauce and stir to combine.
6. Shred pork and toss with Sour Orange Sauce and set aside.
7. Combine coleslaw mix, Florida Orange segments and cilantro in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and reserve.
8. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill tortillas for 20 seconds to heat through and keep warm.
9. To assemble tacos, divide shredded pork among tortillas and top with coleslaw mixture. Fold up tortillas, garnish with Florida Orange peel and cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.