- 15 Florida Oranges, segmented
- 9 Florida Grapefruit, segmented
- 1 honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 40 strawberries, halved with stems removed
- 6 packets Equal artificial sweetener, divided
- 10 oz. powdered gelatin
- 6 limes, squeezed
- 8 oz. orange blossom honey
- 26 oz. water
- 1 lb. unsalted butter
- 6 oz. confectioner’s sugar
- 14 oz. cake flour
- ½ oz. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 oz. raspberry marmalade
- 6 oz. apricot glaze
1. To prepare the Florida Citrus Terrine, place Florida Orange slices in a terrine mold.
2. Sprinkle one packet of sweetener on the Florida Orange slices.
3. Layer Florida Grapefruit slices on top of Florida Orange slices and sprinkle with one packet of sweetener.
4. Layer melon slices on top of Florida Grapefruit slices and sprinkle with one packet of sweetener.
5. Place strawberry halves on top of melon slices and sprinkle with one packet of sweetener.
6. Combine gelatin, lime juice, honey and water in a mixing bowl and let stand until gelatin begins to dissolve.
7. Heat gelatin mixture in the top portion of a double boiler, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
8. Pour gelatin mixture over fruit in terrine mold. Refrigerate for several hours or until set.
9. Just before serving, heat apricot glaze over low heat until melted.
10. Take the terrine out of the mold and place onto Short Crust pastry. Brush the terrine with apricot glaze.
11. Cut into portions and serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.