- 2 tsp. coriander
- 2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. peppercorns
- ½ tsp. chili flakes
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups rice wine vinegar
- 2 ½ tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 Spice Sachet (see step 1)
- 2 lbs. shrimp, medium size, tail-on, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ jalapeño, halved and seeded
- 1 cup cilantro, whole sprigs
- 2 cups red onion, sliced
- Citrus Vinaigrette (see step 5)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups Citrus Marinade (see steps 2 and 3)
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. cold water
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
1. Make Spice Sachet with coriander, fennel seeds, peppercorns, chili flakes and mustard seeds.
2. Combine Florida Orange Juice, lime juice, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, sugar, curry powder, turmeric and Spice Sachet in a pot large enough to hold shrimp.
3. Bring to a boil and reserve 2 cups to make Citrus Vinaigrette. Add shrimp, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro and red onion. Bring back to a simmer and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pot from heat.
4. Pour into a glass or plastic container and refrigerate overnight.
5. To make Citrus Vinaigrette, combine cornstarch and cold water. Bring 2 cups reserved marinade to boil and whisk in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a simmer until thickened. Cool and reserve.
6. To serve, fan avocado slices on plates. Place shrimp on top and drizzle with Citrus Vinaigrette.
7. Garnish with cilantro leaves.