- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat11g 14%
- Saturated Fat1.6g 8%
- Trans Fat0g
- Cholesterol46.4mg 15%
- Sodium694.6mg 30%
- Total Carbohydrate29.1g 11%
- Dietary Fiber2.7g 10%
- Total Sugars11.8g
- Protein18.8g 38%
- Vitamin A4192.8mcg 466%
- Vitamin C47.4mg 53%
- Calcium63.7mg 5%
- Iron2.4mg 13%
- Thiamin0.3mg 25%
- Folate71.9mcg 18%
- Potassium633mg 13%
For Florida Citrus Rémoulade Dressing:
- ¾ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tsp. Florida Orange zest, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp. cornichons, chopped
- 2 tbsp. capers, chopped
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Creole seasoning
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
For Crispy Gator:
- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- ¼ cup Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
- 1 ½ lb. alligator, tail meat, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ cups club soda, cold
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Florida Grapefruit Segments, seeded
- ¾ cup Florida Orange Segments, seeded
- 16 oz. mixed greens
- 2 cups fennel, thinly shaved
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- ¾ cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup radish, thinly sliced
To Prepare Florida Citrus Rémoulade Dressing:
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill.
To Prepare Crispy Alligator:
1. Combine Florida Orange Juice with TABASCO® Pepper Sauce.
2. Place alligator in a baking dish and pour Florida Orange Juice mixture over alligator.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight.
4. To cook alligator, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add club soda and stir just until combined. Batter will be lumpy.
5. Remove alligator from marinade and drain on paper towels. Discard marinade.
6. Dredge alligator pieces in flour mixture. Fry in a deep fryer at 350° F or pan-fry over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
7. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To Prepare Salad:
1. Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Toss with Florida Citrus Rémoulade Dressing to coat.
2. To serve, place a mound of salad in the center of each plate. Place 3 to 4 pieces of Crispy Gator on each salad. Serve extra Florida Citrus Rémoulade Dressing on the side.