- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 2 Florida Grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup champagne vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. pickling spices
- 1 red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 bunch frisée, cleaned
- 12 oz. smoked salmon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine Florida Orange Juice, water, vinegar, sugar and pickling spices in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Turn off heat and add red onion. Remove from stove and cool to room temperature.
3. Remove red onion and reserve pickling liquid.
4. Place a bunch of frisée on serving plates and top with one Florida Grapefruit slice, a layer of red onion, then a layer of salmon.
5. Repeat layers with Florida Grapefruit slices, red onion and salmon. Garnish with frisée if desired.
6. Remove ⅓ cup reserved pickling liquid and whisk in olive oil. Drizzle mixture over Florida Grapefruit towers and season with salt and pepper to taste.
*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.