- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat18.2g 23%
- Saturated Fat5.9g 30%
- Trans Fat0g
- Cholesterol225mg 75%
- Sodium1473mg 64%
- Total Carbohydrate23.1g 8%
- Dietary Fiber4.3g 15%
- Total Sugars11.5g
- Protein53.3g 107%
- Vitamin A2060mcg 229%
- Vitamin C55.2mg 61%
- Calcium226mg 17%
- Iron4.5mg 25%
- Thiamin1mg 83%
- Folate103mcg 26%
- Potassium1423mg 30%
- 16 oz. Florida Orange Juice
- Zest of half of a Florida Orange
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 4 cups onions or shallots, thinly sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb. celery, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 16 oz. clam juice or fish broth
- 2 oz. white wine
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. saffron threads
- 3 lbs. assorted fish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces*
- 1 to 2 lbs. clams or mussels
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp, crab, lobster meat, or rock lobster tails
*Tilapia, halibut and cod work well in this recipe.
1. Heat a deep, heavy-bottomed stockpot over medium heat. Add oil and onions and cook until deep golden.
2. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Add tomatoes, celery, fennel and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
3. Add Florida Orange Juice, clam juice, wine, lemon juice, thyme, Florida Orange zest, and saffron and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
5. When broth is flavorful, add fish fillets and clams. Simmer until fish is thoroughly cooked.
6. Add shrimp and cook until heated through. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with crusty French bread and garlic mayonnaise.