- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat.3g 0%
- Sodium11mg 0%
- Total Carbohydrate50.8g 18%
- Dietary Fiber.5g 2%
- Total Sugars23.8g
- Protein1.1g 2%
- Vitamin A284mcg 32%
- Vitamin C70.9mg 79%
- Calcium23mg 2%
- Iron.7mg 4%
- Folate44mcg 11%
- Potassium287mg 6%
- 10 oz. Florida Orange Juice
- 2 oz. cooked tapioca pearls*
- 1 oz. flavored syrup, optional
- 1 cup ice
1. Place water in a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Add tapioca pearls (tapioca will float in the water). Cover and boil for 25 minutes.
3. Remove one pearl and cut in half to check if tapioca is cooked through.
4. If the center of tapioca is still mealy, continue cooking and check every 5 minutes.
5. When tapioca pearls are thoroughly cooked, turn heat off, cover pan and let tapioca sit in the water for 25 minutes.
6. Rinse the cooked tapioca pearls in warm water and drain well.
1. Place cooked tapioca pearls in the bottom of a clear glass.
2. Pour syrup over tapioca pearls, if desired.
3. Place ice on top of tapioca pearls.
4. Fill to top of glass with Florida Orange Juice.
Helpful Tip: Serve with a straw just slightly wider than tapioca pearls. Tapioca pearls and straws are available at Asian specialty markets.