- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tsp. Florida Orange zest
- 8 peaches
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 prepared pie dough sheets
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. milk
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Drop peaches into boiling water for about 5 seconds, then remove and place in bowl of ice water.
2. Peel and discard skin, cut peaches in half and remove and discard pits. Slice peaches and toss with sugar and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. Combine Florida Orange Juice, Florida Orange zest, cornstarch, and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Simmer for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
4. Cool slightly and add butter, stirring until butter melts. Pour Florida Orange Juice mixture over peaches and mix well.
5. Preheat oven to 350° F.
6. Cut 6 (5-inch) circles out of pie dough sheets. Place a large spoonful of peach filling in the center of each circle.
7. Fold one side over to form a half-moon shape and press down well with fingers or a fork to seal.
8. Whisk eggs and milk together and brush each hand pie with egg mixture. Bake in the oven until lightly browned, or fry in a 350° F deep fryer until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving.