- 3 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 medium onions, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored and diced
- 3 star anise pods
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, for garnish
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil and onions and cook until onions are golden.
2. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add rice and stir to combine, then add Florida Orange Juice, water, tomatoes, star anise and garam masala. Cover and reduce heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
3. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir and remove star anise. Garnish with green onions.