Bring your family together for a delicious, healthy dinner with this Florida Orange Juice twist on a classic recipe. It’s an easy-to-make meal your kids will love. Discover the nutritional benefits of Florida Orange Juice.
- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 9 oz. lean ground turkey
- ½ large onion, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 cup organic tomato juice
- 1 large sweet potato, baked and diced
- 4 whole wheat dinner rolls
1. In a medium sauté pan, sauté ground turkey over medium heat until cooked thoroughly. Remove turkey and set aside.
2. Sauté onion until translucent. Add the red pepper, cumin and coriander and sauté for one minute, then add the Florida Orange Juice.
3. Cook until Florida Orange Juice is reduced by ⅔, then add the tomato juice and cooked turkey.
4. Cook until tomato juice has reduced by ⅔, then add the diced baked sweet potato and stir until combined.
5. Split dinner rolls in half and spoon turkey mixture in center. Serve immediately.
Helpful Tip: For picky eaters, try replacing sweet potatoes with other vegetables.