- ½ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- ½ cup cooked oatmeal
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together Florida Orange Juice, milk, oatmeal, egg yolks and butter. Stir to combine.
3. Add Florida Orange Juice mixture to flour mixture and stir gently until just combined.
4. In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer until soft peaks form. Add vanilla extract. Gently fold egg whites into flour mixture, being careful not to overmix.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Grease the bottom of the skillet with a small amount of melted butter or vegetable oil.
6. Use a large spoon to drop hockey puck-sized dollops of batter in the skillet. Cook until bubbles start to form on top of the pancake, then flip and cook 2 more minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter and serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Cut pancakes in fun shapes with cookie cutters.