For an easy weeknight dinner, our Grilled Fish with Florida Citrus Coconut Sauce is a light and simple recipe you can feel good about feeding your family. Incorporating Florida Orange Juice into the recipe adds vitamins and nutrients that may support living a healthier lifestyle.
- 4 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 3 cups red onion or shallots, sliced
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 10 cardamom pods
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. coriander
- 2 tsp. turmeric
- 10 tilapia filets*
- 5 limes, halved
*Can substitute for bass or other mild white fish.
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add oil and onions and cook until onions are golden brown.
3. Add Florida Orange Juice and coconut milk to deglaze the pan.
4. Bring Florida Orange Juice and coconut milk to a boil, lower heat and cook until reduced by ⅓. Add cardamom, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, coriander and turmeric and stir well to combine. Simmer on low for 30 minutes.
5. Grill fish and squeeze each fillet with the juice of half a lime just as it comes off the heat.
6. Spoon Florida Citrus Coconut Sauce over fish and garnish with Florida Grapefruit segments and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Helpful Tip: Refrigerate remaining Florida Citrus Coconut Sauce to use for other meals throughout the week.