- 3 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups U.S. basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored and diced
- 3 star anise
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, for garnish
1. Heat large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add oil and onions; cook until onions are golden. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
3. Add rice and stir to combine; then add Florida Orange Juice, water, tomatoes, star anise and garam masala. Cover and reduce heat; cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir and remove star anise. Garnish with green onions.