- 3 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups U.S. basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 plum tomatoes, cored and diced
- 3 star anise pods
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, for garnish
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Add oil and onions and cook until onions are golden. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Stir in rice, then add Florida Orange Juice, water, tomatoes, star anise and garam masala. Cover, reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir and remove star anise. Garnish with green onions.