For Italian Sausage:
- 2 cups Florida Orange Juice
- 2 tsp. Florida Orange zest
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ lbs. pork butt, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ lb. pork fat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. ground fennel seeds
- ½ tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
For Florida Orange Mustard:
- 2 tbsp. Florida Orange Juice reduction (reserved, see recipe)
- 1 tsp. Florida Orange zest
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped chives
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, cut into ¾-inch slices
- Olive oil as needed
1. Place Florida Orange Juice in a medium saucepan and reduce volume by ⅔. Reserve 2 tablespoons of reduction for mustard sauce. Combine the rest of reduction with breadcrumbs and soak.
2. Combine Florida Orange zest with pork butt, pork fat, soaked breadcrumbs, garlic powder, coriander, fennel, red chili flakes, oregano, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Process through grinder using a medium-size grind plate. Mix gently until all ingredients are incorporated evenly.
3. Form into small patties about 2 ½ inches in diameter. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
4. Combine Florida Orange Juice reduction, Florida Orange zest, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard and chives. Mix well and set aside.
5. Drizzle bread generously with olive oil and grill over medium-high heat on both sides.
6. Grill sausage patties over medium-high heat until cooked through. Serve with grilled sourdough and Florida Orange Mustard on the side.