- 3 lbs. chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 18 (6-inch) wooden skewers
For Florida Orange Marinade:
- ¼ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
For Florida Orange Mango Chutney:
- ½ cup Florida Orange Juice
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups mango, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp. minced jalapeño
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- ½ tsp. Florida Orange zest
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
For Fried Plantains:
- 2 yellow plantains, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup canola oil
1. Thread chicken cubes onto skewers and place in a glass baking dish.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients for Florida Orange Marinade and mix thoroughly. Pour the marinade over the chicken skewers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
, sugar and bay leaf in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half. Add remaining ingredients except for cilantro and continue simmering until most of the liquid is evaporated. Cool, add cilantro and reserve.
3. For Florida Orange Mango Chutney, combine Florida Orange Juice, vinegar
sauté pan over medium heat and sauté until golden brown on both sides. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
4. Dust plantain slices with flour. Heat canola oil in a
5. Remove chicken skewers from marinade and discard marinade. Grill chicken skewers over medium high heat until cooked through. Serve chicken skewers with Fried Plantains and Florida Orange Mango Chutney.