- ½ cup yellow onion, grated
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 4 cups canola oil
- ⅔ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
For Florida Orange Sweet Chili Sauce:
- 3 tbsp. Florida Orange Juice
- ½ tsp. Florida Orange zest
- 2 ½ cups lemon juice
- 6 tbsp. Korean chili paste (or sriracha sauce)
- 6 tbsp. ketchup
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
1. Combine onion, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients for Florida Orange Sweet Chili Sauce and mix well. Set aside.
3. Place canola oil in a large pot, being careful not to fill more than ⅓ full. Heat oil to 350° F.
4. Combine cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
5. Remove chicken wings from marinade and discard marinade.
6. Dredge chicken wings in flour mixture, shaking off any excess flour mixture.
7. Gently place chicken wings in hot oil and fry until golden brown and crisp. Carefully remove chicken wings from oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
8. Place wings in a bowl with Florida Orange Sweet Chili Sauce and toss to coat. Serve immediately.