- 1/2 cup yellow onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 32 ounces canola oil
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
For Florida Orange Sweet Chili Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons Florida Orange Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Florida Orange Zest
- 2 1/2 cups lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons Korean chili paste (or sriracha sauce)
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
1. Combine onion, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl; add chicken wings and toss to coat. Cover and marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator.
2. Prepare Florida Orange Sweet Chili Sauce: Combine all ingredients in bowl; mix thoroughly and reserve.
3. Place canola oil in large pot being careful not to fill more than 1/3 full; heat oil to 350 degrees.
4. Combine cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper in mixing bowl.
5. Remove chicken wings from marinade; discard marinade.
6. Dredge chicken wings in flour mixture; shake off any excess flour mixture.
7. Gently place chicken wings in hot oil; and fry until golden brown and crisp. Carefully remove chicken wings from oil; drain on plate lined with paper towels to remove any excess oil.
8. Place wings in bowl with Florida Orange Sweet Chili Sauce; toss to coat; serve immediately.