- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 8 Florida Oranges, halved
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 mahi mahi fillets, cut into 6-oz. pieces
For Charred Orange Citrus Coleslaw:
- 1 cup Florida Orange segments
- ½ cup Florida Grapefruit segments
- ½ cup red cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup Napa cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup orange bell pepper, julienned
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Using a grill pan over high heat, char the Florida Orange halves. Once charred, remove and set aside.
2. In a 1-quart saucepan, reduce the Florida Orange Juice to ¼ cup. Allow to cool.
3. In a separate 1-quart saucepan, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and the minced shallots. Cook until translucent, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the white wine and reduce until almost dry, then add the heavy cream and reduce by half. Squeeze 4 of the charred oranges into the heavy cream and reduce for another 2 minutes. Whisk in the butter and set aside over a warm water bath.
5. In a stainless steel bowl, combine the cooled Florida Orange Juice reduction with the slaw ingredients. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt, mix and keep cool.
6. In a sauté pan over medium high heat, add 2 teaspoons olive oil and allow the oil to come up to its smoke point.
7. Season the mahi mahi with salt and pepper and sear, flesh side down, for 1 minute. Turn the fish, reduce the heat and cook until the fish is fully cooked, about 4 to 5 minutes.
8. Place the fish on a plate. Equally portion the citrus slaw over the top. Spoon 2 tablespoons beurre blanc around fish and garnish with a charred Florida Orange.