- Florida Orange slices for garnish
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Zest of 1 Florida Navel Orange
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 boneless chicken cutlets, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cooked
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup Florida orange juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine butter, orange zest and garlic powder in small bowl. Divide butter mixture among 5 chicken cutlets; spread each cutlet with butter mixture (butter will not cover cutlet completely) and sprinkle with black pepper. Place approximately 4 green beans horizontally on top of each cutlet and sprinkle with shredded carrots. Roll up cutlets and secure with toothpicks. Place breadcrumbs in flat dish; roll cutlets in breadcrumbs to coat.
2. Heat vegetable oil in oven-safe skillet over medium high heat; lightly brown cutlets on all sides. Add 1 cup orange juice and bring to a boil. Cover skillet with foil; place skillet in oven and bake for 8 minutes. Turn cutlets and cook for additional 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no pink remains. Remove skillet from oven. Remove cutlets from skillet; place on serving platter and keep warm.
3. Place skillet on stove over medium heat. Boil liquid for 3 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Combine cold water and cornstarch; add to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove toothpicks from cutlets; pour sauce over cutlets. Garnish with orange slices and cilantro.
Serve Orange Chicken Roll-Ups over brown rice with steamed green beans.